Sunday, March 14, 2010

Up and Down

It has been awhile since I last posted and things have been going well. It is amazing how being busy in your own life can make problems seem far away.
We have no phone contact with M for the first 30 days, so we rely on the staff at the facility to answer our emails. It is really frustrating when all they answer with is "she is doing well". What? Are you kidding me? Don't you know who you are responding to? I need a whole lot more than that!!
I was doing ok with that and then we received a letter from M on Friday. It was a good letter, in fact a really happy letter and it warmed my heart to know she is doing fine and liking where she is at....for now.
My brother and his family who were in the area this weekend for a soccer tournament where going to go out of their way to visit today. They were excited, I was excited (to get some familiar perspective) and I couldn't help that M would be excited.
Alas, just received a call that she had done something to lose a privilege and visit was canceled. Bummer and sad all at the same time.
On a good note, off to NM for a skiing vacation with my boys. Much needed time with the two of them and much needed MOM attention for those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment